The Albany County Democrats are hiring a Campaign/Communications Coordinator in Albany County. The coordinator should be high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to mobilize AND RECRUIT a volunteer base to promote Albany County Candidates. Additionally, the coordinator will help strategize communication plans (marketing/mailers/ad-buys/social media/press releases)
As a face of our local party, organizers must possess strong social skills, a desire to elect Democrats, and an enthusiastic attitude.
The Coordinator will be expected to live in Albany County. The coordinator must possess reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and most importantly, the ability to be self-directed and to function independently.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Cooperate with County party to execute shared campaign goals
• Identify, recruit, and train groups of volunteers to conduct voter registration, phone banking, canvassing and more.
• Strategize and implement communication plans (marketing/mailers/ad-buys/social media/press releases)
• Provide data lists to candidates for canvassing and mailings.
• Lead/train volunteers through the various phases of the campaign
• Ensure accurate collection and entry of data
• Organize and execute events (virtual and live)
• Nurture relationships with local candidates, community leaders, and activists
• Set and report on metrics/goals for volunteer recruitment, voter contact
• Help maintain regular office hours in downtown headquarters (supplement volunteer and candidate hours)
• Supervise off-hour events
• Track donations made through downtown headquarters
Qualifications and Skills
• Proven ability to delegate
• Knowledge of Albany County, Democratic platform, and voting processes
• Exceptional written, verbal, and organizational skills
• Understanding of common technology, familiarity with cell phones, comfortable
using programs such as Google Drive, and the ability to learn new tools.
• Familiarity with multiple social media platforms
• Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and written
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Ability to self-direct and work independently
• Possess excellent time management, and task organizing skills
Preferred Experience (not required)
• Graphic design
• Political engagement and canvassing
• Mass mailing
• Be a resident of Albany County
• Ability to travel independently
• Ability to work extended or irregular hours, including some nights and weekends, particularly close to election day.
Submit a resume and cover letter (including contacts and professional relationships for 3 references) to email@example.com
We will accept applications on a rolling basis until filled.
This is a contract position. Salary and contract length TBD.
Contact County Chair Carrie Murthy at firstname.lastname@example.org